The following information is important should you wish to have an examination remarked or if you would like to write a supplementary.
2018 SACAI (NSC) SUPPLEMENTARY EXAMINATION AND REMARK PROCESS
FOR THE 2018 (NSC) EXAMINATION
DUE DATE for 2018 NSC Re-marking and 2018 NSC Supplementary examination ONLY online application: 18/01/2019
• No admission to Supplementary Examination for 2018 NSC Dramatic Arts, Visual Arts or Design Paper 1 practical components.
Fees applicable for the mentioned processes
Supplementary examination R1 090-00/subject (VAT incl) - Online process – www.sacai.org.za
Re-marking of scripts R 384-00/subject (VAT incl) - Online process – www.sacai.org.za
Viewing of scripts R 222-00/subject (VAT incl) - Online process – www.sacai.org.za
Due date for 2018 NSC Re-marking and 2018 NSC Supplementary examination ONLY online application: 18/01/2019.
Kindly note that after this due date the system will be closed and no applications can be submitted.
• No refunds will be made for payments received, for remark, viewing or supplementary application.
• Making application for a supplementary does NOT guarantee that it will be approved.
• SACAI system e-mail will be generated when an online application is received. This e-mail is only for confirmation purposes and does NOT guarantee that the application is approved.
TERM 1 - 2019
PORTAL ONLINE applications open: Remark and Supplementary exams (NO paper applications). No special request will be approved.
A candidate may only apply for the re-mark in a subject if the mark for the subject is within 3% of a higher symbol, e.g. 27%, 37%, 47%, 57%, 67% or 77%
NSC supplementary examination: Closing date for registration 18/01/2019.
Very important: Only if the candidate achieved more than 25% in the relevant subject during the NSC examination (November sitting) will admission be granted for the Supplementary examination
(*2 subjects only) – NO REPEATERS
R1 090-00 per subject (VAT incl)
1. Closing date for applications: 18/01/2019
2. Conditions for admission as determined by the applicable Regulations:
3.2.1 If a canddiate has not met die minimum promotion and certification requirements in the final external examination, but requires a maximum of two subjects to qualify for the National Senior Certificate, he or she may register for the supplementary examination in a maximum of two subjects in the year following the final external examination.
3.2.2 These two subjects must be subjects that the candidate wrote in the previous end-of-year examination.
3.2.3 If a candidate was declared medically unfit and as a result was absent from the final examinations in one or more subjects, he/she may register for the supplementary exami¬nations in those subjects. Evidence must be submitted.
3.2.4 If there was a death in the immediate family of a candidate or if there were other special reasons for the candidate’s absence, he/she may register for the supplementary exami¬nations in the relevant subjects. Evidence must be submitted
3.2.5 A candidate who provides documentary evidence that he or she could qualify for admission to a higher education institu¬tion, a specific faculty or occupation, but does not satisfy certain of the higher education, faculty or occupation require¬ments, as well as a candidate who is one requirement short in meeting the minimum admission requirments for higher certificate, diploma and degree programmes, may be allowed to register for a maximum of two subjects. Evidence must be submitted
3.2.6 In a case where an irregularity is being investigated, provisio¬nal admission to the supplementary examination may be granted to the candidate concerned, pending the outcome of the investigation.
3.2.7 A candidate who was unable to write or complete one or more of the National Senior Certificate examination question papers for a valid reason, may apply for permission to either write the supplemenatry examinations in the specific ques¬tion paper(s) or to write all the papers of the particular subject, provi¬ded that a written report is submitted to the Chief Executive Officer of SACAI by the Head of the Institution. Evidence must be submitted.
3.2.8 NO REPEATERS
In order to ensure admission to the supplementary examinations, documentary proof substantiating the reasons for a candidate’s absence during the NSC examinations must in all cases be submitted to the examination centre during the examinations already when the candidate reports for the next question paper after his/her absence.
2018 NSC examination: Applications for re-mark closes 18/01/2019
RE-MARK OF EXAMINATION SCRIPTS
1. Only online applications will be accepted (www.sacai.org.za)
2. A candidate may only apply for the re-mark in a subject if the mark for the subject is within 3% of a higher symbol, e.g. 27%, 37%, 47%, 57%, 67% or 77%
3. A candidate may apply for the re-mark of his/her exami¬nation scripts at the prescribed fee. The application may only be completed online at www.sacai.org.za
5. Fees for re-mark of scripts: Re-mark R384-00 per subject (VAT incl)
Remark: Results available (dependent on UMALUSI's process).
Viewing of an answer script:
Applications close. Only on SACAI scheduled appointments
THE VIEWING OF SCRIPTS
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
1. Viewing may only be done after a re-mark
2. Closing date for applications: 7 (SEVEN) days after release of re-mark results
3. Fees for viewing: R222-00 per subject (VAT incl)
12 FEBRUARY NSC supplementary examination starts.
to download timetable.
15 MARCH NSC supplementary examination concludes.
SUPPLEMENTARY NSC: Results available (dependent on UMALUSI's process).